Well... it's time for me to start brushing up some digital skills again. I had a little bit of a windfall so I'm in the market for an inexpensive 3D printer. So I've been taking a few hours in the evening after running around in and out of town to revisit a few old projects to get them ready to go.
I'd still like to get the Space: 1889 airships into production. There are some issues with production at 1/1000 scale. So I decided to see what is possible in 1/100. I finished the steam launch early this week and moved on to the small bird. I still have the detailing to do on the latter and I may need to rebuild the bow. The ovoid shapes are really behaving weirdly when I try to extract surfaces and do boolean processes on them.But here's what I have.
I've also started some smaller items. I did a fire hydrant in Blender several years ago, but I wanted a cleaner mesh than the old model so I reworked it in Rhino.
I have these available at Shapeways in 1/100 and 1/56 scales.
There are also a few Sci-fi test models for a potential job. A basic desk and body scanner.
These are not currently available.
I'm chomping at the bit to try out some more complex stuff. I've always wanted to do the Renegade Legion grav tanks.