Welcome to the Highlander Studios blog.

I won't promise any earth shattering revelations here. What I will be trying to do is post some new products as I release them, share some thoughts on gaming and show some pics of games and other stuff that I enjoy. So come in and make yourselves at home.


Thursday, February 17, 2011

Conquistadwarf crossbows

I've been playing catch up with sculpting commissions after a six week root canal ordeal reminiscent of the end of Apocalypse Now. But I've managed to take a few hours each weekend to work on some of my own projects.

One of those has been the Weekly One Five jugger teams. The other has been a little more work on the Conquistadwarves.

This Sunday I was able to wrap up the crossbows.


I'm only starting with two poses. But these will allow for the assembly of army packs for a couple game systems out there. They may get helmet conversions later to add some variety without a lot of hassle.

This weekend I'll be working on two arquebus poses. They will start with helms and may be converted to bonnets later. I almost have enough pieces done for a master mold. But most likely pre-production casts won't be available until after Cold Wars.

I'm shooting for the end of April for production of both sets and the jugger teams. We'll see what happens.

2 comments:

Splintered Light Minis said...

Rod,
These look great and will be an excellent addition to the range!

Unknown said...

Not to shabby...Nice posing too.