The basic plan was to sculpt 5 survivors, 5 zombie versions and 5 other zombies. There were some stretch goals added. We reached one for some urban fantasy figures, which really got me excited.
The I did a test piece (actually a set of two pieces) way back in December of last year as a sample. This first survivor and zombie set was a military type with a SAW.
The next four sets I was able to sculpt during the fund raising period. We did a hunter, a business woman, a female ganger and police officer.
These were sent to the mold maker early on. You can see the sets of metal masters here.
For the other set of zombies we decided on six instead of the usual grouping of five figures. These were to be one smart zombie with a shotgun and five more random types. For several years friends of mine have been telling me to make zombie versions of my Rednecks. This was the perfect opportunity.
So Zeke became the shotgun wielding smartie.
Mitch, Darla and Robbie became three of the others.
And two other random zombies were added.
For the stretch goal Ed wanted a werewolf,
a pair of urban spell casters,
and my favorites, the urban vampires.
I'm happy to say that sculpting wrapped up last week and these last eleven figures were sent off to the mold maker. We should be well on target for our October delivery. Depending on his schedule we may even be a few weeks early. Fingers and toes crossed, people.