My first trials with parts printed in Shapeways' frosted ultra detail were a success. For whatever reason I never got pictures of the printed models. But here is a shot of them after they were cast, assembled and primed.
I did not do a lot of clean up on these before they went into the mold. I had several other models arrive at the same time so I did various levels of cleanup on them ranging from none to about 15 minutes of fine sanding. These were soaked in a Bestine solvent bath and then lightly sanded.
There are some deck guns on pintles as well, but I haven't had the time to get them on a small deck diorama.
Anyway, here are a few photos of the painted models.
These are 1/100 scale models that could be used for any naval cannon you think they'd fit. I'm still designing the crews and deciding how I want them packaged for sale. I'm leaning toward gun packs by type and separate crews. That makes the most sense to me so people aren't locked into purchasing Martians if they have no use for them.
The Hill Martian command set is also done. They've been available since Cold Wars this year, but I haven't taken the time to make an announcement. So... here they are.
There are four figures in the pack. The standard is a bare pole. So add whatever flag you like. Mine is printed on paper and attached with a 50/50 glue/ water mix.
The last VSF item for the day is a small conversion of the British firing line pack. I needed to bulk out a master mold quickly this week and I've been wanting Brits with masks and tanks on them. So we introduce Victoria's Bug Boys.
I'm planning to have these in production by the end of August. Earlier if the mold maker's schedule allows.