Welcome to the Highlander Studios blog.

I won't promise any earth shattering revelations here. What I will be trying to do is post some new products as I release them, share some thoughts on gaming and show some pics of games and other stuff that I enjoy. So come in and make yourselves at home.


Tuesday, May 17, 2011

New terrain piece - stone hut

When sculpting, I often have some putty that gets too firm to continue using on a small figure. Rather than throw it out, I use it on a larger project that I keep off to the side of my work area. Over the last couple of months these bits of putty have gone into a new terrain model.

I decided I needed some huts for my Dark Age/ fantasy gaming. So here is the first completed piece, a stone hut with thatched roof.


It is sized for 15mm gaming and the roof is removable. I'll be making 2-3 more different styles of hut walls to to fit the same roof.

I haven't decided if I'll be producing these myself or if I'll sell them outright.

2 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Beautiful work!! I'd hate to see what you can do with fresh putty!!

Paul O'G said...

Wonderful stuff indeed!